Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Making Strides

4 weeks out from my fall and I am doing significantly better. According to the doctor, the lil bean is no worse for the wear. I felt everything that happened but he (that's right, he) had no idea anything was going on. Last week I had an ultrasound at the perinatologist and they measured him to see if he was tracking alright. He is absolutely perfect for where he is supposed to be at this time. Our due date is confirmed as April 10 based on his size.

In other great news, I haven't had cramping or bleeding for 2 weeks! The doctor said that this is great news and if it continues by week 20 that she may move me from "high risk" to a "normal" pregnancy. I don't know if that means I will be able to go back to prenatal yoga, but it does mean that I can be off my feet more than 3 -4 hours at a time.

Bed rest was really a miserable experience. I think it was extra awful because once I passed the clot, my pain went away and the bleeding stopped (thank goodness). After that, my body returned to stasis and I felt fine. To be confined to bed 24 hours a day except to go to the bathroom is not just boring, but it is depressing. To top all of that off, it rained the day after we got home from the hospital and the house flooded. I will post a separate quick post on that situation but the good news is that the house is better and so am I.

In other great news, I couldn't ask for better friends or family during this time. Over the course of a month, I had very few days where someone did not stop by to help out or just visit. Even now that I am on modified bed rest I still have people coming by or checking in everyday via phone. Those visits rocked and continue to rock my world. I would have gone insane without them. Now I get out for 3 - 4 hours a day and I could not be more appreciative of the world around me.

Little things like going on a walk or actually doing the shopping for the family are such big deals for me right now. Walking the mall with a friend or even getting to look for baby furniture in person vs online is a wonderful gift. When I thought that I might be on bed rest for the entire pregnancy I was so sad that I wouldn't get to experience the things that many women get to experience while pregnant. I wanted to experience people annoyingly rubbing my belly or commenting on how much my tummy grew. I wanted to register for a shower in person or even have a shower. I wanted to experience shopping for maternity clothes. At one point, those little hopes were taken away. Now they are a reality and I am so thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment