Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm What?!

I have no idea about when I ovulate or where I am in my cycle. I knew that the first day of my last period was July 5. On August 4, I decided to take a pregnancy test fully expecting it to read "negative." Mind you, this is not the first test I have ever taken, but it is the first I have taken while trying to not try. In the past I took a test out of fear that I may be pregnant. This time it was a whole different story.

The thing is, I have had a rough month so I really, truly did not believe that we would conceive the first time out of the gates. I went to my OBGYN on July 16th for a routine check up. I figured now that I had been to the doctor, we could play without worries. For one week, we played and played. The following week I got a phone call from the doctor saying that I had an abnormal test result and they wanted to do a biopsy to be sure all was fine. On July 27, I went in for a cervical biopsy. It HURT more than I could ever explain. That night I got a call that my brother was in the hospital.

Long story short, he was really sick in the hospital for days before they diagnosed him with viral meningitis. He is married with 2 kids and one about to arrive any time. Unfortunately, as pregnant as she was, his wife could not stay by his side. My brother is my best friend so when I found out he was alone, I drove to Vegas (he lives there) to be with him. I stayed in Vegas Wednesday through Sunday. Happily, my bro is home now, but still on the road to recovery.

On Monday I called my doctor to find out the test results, but they had already closed shop for the day. The next morning I called first thing. Results were negative! I called my husband, we celebrated for a moment over the phone and then went on with our merry day.

That evening I went to Costco and saw that they sell 4 packs of pregnancy tests. I bought the pack thinking it would come in handy over the next couple of months. When I got home, I decided to take a test just to prove that I wasn't pregnant. After all, I had and still have cramping and feel like I am getting my period. I took the test at 5:50 pm, 5 hours before my husband came home. I didn't think about waiting for him to take the test because I was sure it was negative. Boy was I wrong!



Holy Crap, I'm Pregnant

I couldn't believe the results, I immediately called my best friend, told her and sent her the above picture for her to confirm what I was sure was impossible.

She did.

I freaked.

I couldn't believe my husband was working late this night of all nights. So I emailed him saying I was excited for him to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment