Thursday, August 6, 2009

Now What?

Yesterday I called my OB to tell the office the good news. That afternoon they sent me to a lab to get my blood work.

This morning I got the phone call. Maria, the nurse (who I love) left a message. She said, "blood results have confirmed that you are pregnant. Your progesterone levels look normal. Let's schedule your first OB appointment. Congratulations."

I ran upstairs to find Larry. He was brushing his teeth. Once he was done (it can take a while), I played the message for him. This is the call that we didn't even know we were waiting for. Suddenly, we both got excited.

Over the last 48 hours I have also registered on BabyCenter.com. One of the first things you can determine on the site is your due date. I found the calculator and entered in the date of my last period, July 5, 2009. According to Baby Center my due date is April 11, 2010. I am 4 weeks along and my baby is the size of a poppyseed.


The poppyseed in comparison to a quarter

My first appointment is August 27. Lar and I are going together. I'll update as I learn more or as I experience whatever it is that I am going to experience.

On a side note, why doesn't anyone talk about the cramping that comes along with the early stage of pregnancy? I had never heard about it in the past (I know a lot of mommies), but now that I have said it and told my doctor, everyone says they had it too. It literally feels like I am about to get my period. Guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment