Sunday, August 9, 2009

Off to Celebrate

On Friday night Lar and I went on a date to celebrate. We had a lovely evening. Our plan was to go to Little Dom's: an Italian restaurant in Los Feliz. Unfortunately, we did not make a reservation so those plans fell through. After an easy search we landed at a cute Italian restaurant that we had been to once before, Il Carpacio. The food was delicious, although the night ended much earlier than usual. On the plus side, our bill was much less expensive without the one or two glasses of wine I may have consumed.

Before we got our food, Larry made a toast. He toasted with wine and I, of course, with my water. Actually it was Lar's water. I always get water with no ice, but finished mine so quickly that I had to toast with his. I have noticed that I am much thirstier than usual. I always need water or am thinking about when I can get my next refill.


A Toast to Baby

Besides the great dinner and greater company, I could not help but getting concerned over food and weight. I know I am only 4 weeks along, but already food has become an issue. Am I supposed to eat when I am hungry? How much should I eat? I guess one of the reasons for my concern is that I am already 6 pounds heavier than my normal weight. Well, that and I was bulimic from 15 - 20. While I haven't been for over 10 years, the emotional attachment to food is hard to kick.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I had shoulder surgery 1.5 months ago. Without my regular exercise, I put on a few. Now that I am pregnant, I feel like I am starting out with a disadvantage. I want to give the baby all of the nutrients he/she needs, but I also want to make sure that I stay emotionally healthy around my food issues. I know I can do it. I will always favor the baby. All I am saying is that it is already tough.

All issues aside, the food was delicious. See for yourself...

Lar's Lasagna

My Bolognese

1 comment: